Monday, June 22, 2015

The Tundra

The tundra is a very special place because of the intense winters, there is a short window of time to be in the tundra to enjoy it. 
It actually did snow the week before we arrived. The plants only get about 2 or 3 months to grow as much as possible. 
This means that all the grass and flowers don't grow very big. 
Soon these fields will be covered in wild flowers of purple and yellow. 
After that, the snow will be coming very soon. 
I love coming up here in the summer to enjoy the peace and quiet. The wind blows gently and you can hear the neighboring waterfall. I may not be willing to come in the winter, because I hate cold temperatures. When I come in the summer, the tundra is a special place to visit. You can easily visit the tundra in Colorado too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)