Saturday, June 20, 2015

Bottling beer

My first attempt at bottling included: spilling beer multiple times, using the siphone and bottling wand and at the end capping my beers. I couldn't see how far along I was in filling the bottles. It took me 6 or 8 bottles to realize that I could keep it in there until the beer came to the top. There will be bottles not filled to the top. I was expecting to fill 25 bottles but ended up with 21. I guess I spilled or didn't siphone approximately 4 bottles worth of beer.  These are larger bottles but I feel good about the finished product. 
The beer. 
The siphon set up.
Siphoning the beer from the fermenter to the bottling bucket. 
Priming sugar to carbonate the beer.
Bottles filled and ready for capping.
The finished product. The beer won't be ready to drink for at least 2 weeks. I'll wait an extra week to be sure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)