Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Half marathon training - an update

The Memorial Half/Whole Marathon is the largest race in Oklahoma City and possibly the state. This will be my first year participating. Since I just ran the Go Girl Half, my training for the next race has not been spot on. 
This would be in part to the upcoming holiday. I also took 4 days off of running after the half. If I maintain focus, I'll get 7 miles this week and 9 next. The race will be here before I know it. 9 miles on vacation is ambitious and may have to be accomplished when I return. 
Upon further reflection, I can eat more when I'm running long distances. Maybe I'll run tons and that will balance out the extra calories. (New sunnies for the trip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)