Sunday, January 11, 2015

Oklahoma City Museum of Art


We have a free membership to the museum through my husband's work and it has been awhile since we've visited. We checked out the young artists of China exhibit and it was good. Before this, there were pieces from the Louvre and that was exciting to check out.


The permanent exhibit is from Dale Chihuly and I love his work. It's vibrant and playful. It's almost as if he has created another world from glass. The other permanent exhibits are good but don't need much time to see. We were in and out in about an hour. A nice Sunday afternoon diversion.


This is a display that patrons contributed to. The question was what defines your generation and it was broken up by gen y, gen x, baby boomers and so on. I thought it was interesting to see the different responses. I also learned that the museum offers classes to teach people how to create art through various mediums. There was a glass blowing class that had my interest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)