Thursday, October 16, 2014

Half marathon training

My first run in the brand new shoes was spectacular. It's amazing how new shoes feel worlds different from worn out tired running shoes. 


I ran 4 miles Tuesday and today I'll be running a combined 6 miles. Saturdays I will add a mile until it's time to taper for the next half marathon. It's 7 miles this Saturday and I think my longest run will be 10 miles. 


Another milestone to celebrate is that I've run over 900 miles since regularly using the nike app. I started getting to it last November. There's no doubt that I'm runner now. 


I absolutely love the color of these shoes! And I must share a photo of Chomps. 

He was cold and we bundled him in this blanket. What a cutie!



2 comments:

  1. I am training for my half in January and need new shoes so badly! You reminded me what a difference new ones make. I better get myself to the store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is amazing how awesome new shoes feel. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)