Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday


You can do anything you put your mind to. Often we will think, "I can't do this," and it's not true. All the trainers on the Biggest Loser are constantly telling the contestants, " you can do it." A marathon or a half marathon, I can do it. In the case of the book I just finished reading, "think and grow rich," we can have any amount of money we desire. We control our thoughts which will translate into our desires.


A study was done on housekeepers and a hotel and losing weight. (Don't make me find the study, I just read about it and was impressed.) The housekeepers were split into two groups. One group was told that their work was an excellent form of exercise. The other group was told nothing. The housekeepers who thought about how their job was exercise reported losing weight. The other group lost no weight. Interesting, since the work never changed but their mindset did.


All of this is to illustrate an important point. If you put your mind to it, you will lose weight, make lots of money, finish a marathon, or whatever else you want to do. The key is to have a burning desire to accomplish your goal and then do whatever it takes to get there. All people find failure. It's the people who stay positive and get back up that also find success.


I hope this helps you in your journey. I'm working on a funny (I think its funny) story for Saturday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)