Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Reviews

  It is time for a weekend recap and I have decided to review the places we went to. I am not being compensated in any way for these reviews. Friday night, we went to Tapwerks and enjoyed a good beer along with happy hour nachos. We really like this establishment however the service was a tad slow compared to what we usually get. Lately, the booths have been filled up so we have taken to sitting at the bar. Often that is a good spot to sit but this night we were surrounded by annoying people. We will be going back, possibly next Friday.
After we were done enjoying Tapwerks, we went to Flint. This fine establishment is inside the Colcord hotel which is owned by a very large oil company. It was a quiet Friday evening. I wanted to sit next to the fire to warm up but all those seats were filled. We sat at the bar instead. There is some construction that needs to be completed at Flint. For that reason we had to enter through a side door. There was an Astin Martin parked outside. There were some yummy sounding snacks on the bar menu but we were there just for drinks. I ordered a Tequila Essence and Hubby ordered The New Old Fashioned. The drinks were spectacular. I have been there once before and ordered a cotton candy martini which was delicious and entertaining. We will definitely come back to Flint, possibly for snacks.


For lunch Saturday, we decided to head over to Pei Wei in the midst of a crazy thunder, lightening, and buckets of rain storm. I was concerned but we made it there in one piece. Whew! I had a lovely chopped chicken salad with dressing on the side. It was very healthy. Hubby enjoys the honey seared chicken.
We went to whole foods for our weekly groceries and found live mussels! I am excited to eat that for dinner tonight. Once we returned home, so did the crazy storms. We stayed in for a very long time. Once the weather appeared to settle down, we headed to McNellies. I savored the Pumpkin by Shipyard and Hubby enjoyed a Chimay. We also decided to split a burger with sweet potatoe fries. It was perfect! There's a mug club that we are considering joining. It would give us an excuse to go to McNellies more often. I plan to go there on Wednesday because there is a $3 burger special. The place packs out for the special but its a lot of fun for me.


That's our weekend in a nutshell. It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to doing it again next weekend. How was your weekend? 

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Those nachos look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love those nachos & it's a great deal, only $6 for the whole plate! Yummy!

      Delete
  2. 'delicious' photos :-). Drinks look amazing, but I prefer good beer. I have a great weekend at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanna! I love a good beer and this is pumpkin ale season. I love pumpkin ale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esther!
    I don't try. I look for.
    By the way...I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! Head over http://becreativemommy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html to see what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you ate goooood and drank goooood this weekend!!! That's my kind of living!! And thank you for the sweet comment today!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shanna! I have tried to figure out how you find time to take fashion photos, take care of your family, blog and everything else that needs to get done. I am impressed! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)