Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Chili competition

I had the displeasure of taking today off so I could work on Saturday. I struggle with staying positive about that. 
I took the day to be productive. I went to body pump. I got the oil changed. I also went to lunch with a friend. 
I had a beer with that lunch. 
Then I went home to make the chili for Friday's chili champ competition at work. (See work isn't all that bad. I just hate working Saturdays.) 
I suffered through chopping the onion with the bread knife. I need to buy a real knife set. I guess I'm too cheap and or too lazy to be bothered with buying proper utensils for my kitchen. 
I managed to chop it all up. 
A smattering of ingredients. I'm not sure how I decided to ensure no labels could possibly be seen. 
Ground beef browning to perfection!
Mix in the veggies to simmer. 
The final beautiful product. Now click the link to Kristin's blog stuff and things in my side bar. It's called company chili on her website and there is a secret ingredient not shown here. 
Snickerdoodles were also made for Friday's festivities. We will have full bellies and I will be popular with my cookies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)