Monday, July 27, 2015

The struggle is real.

So I've gained back the 10 pounds that I was trying to lose but didn't lose all the way. Let's use real numbers here since that last sentence may not actually make sense. 
I had gotten to 145 and got it down to 137 and now I'm back at 145. I can't deal with 145 because that's too close to 150. People who are 5' 2" do not look healthy in the 150s. Sigh. 
Now to focus on nutrition because my workouts are just helping me to maintain and not lose. 
I've been posting my food (and my cats) on Instagram as a form of accountability. There's some great weight watcher accounts that I follow and maybe if I'm photographing my food prior to eating I'll do better. 
I'm considering banning dairy again. I love the 18 grams of protein in my Greek yogurt. Maybe dairy isn't my friend though. So this blog will continue to be another source of (frustration) accountability towards my goal of losing weight. Maybe I can get into the shorts before summer is over. 

3 comments:

  1. Eh, I gave up dairy for reasons concerning my skin and, while I really miss ice cream and I miss the protein I get from yogurt, it was worth it.
    What kind of strength training do you do? I probably sound like a broken record but I'm in better shape now, doing nothing but Pilates and walking, than I was when I was doing cardio 5 days a week.
    (Scott has lost like 10 pounds in the last week just by doing manual labor, so there's always that option :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only time I lost a lot of weight this year was when I was so stressed out and overworked that I barely had time to eat. Now that I'm actually working out, I can't seem to lose anything!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)