Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday


Welcome to another edition of Weight Loss Wednesday. This is my opportunity to share my journey towards weight loss maintenance. I remember being the overweight girl in junior high and high school. I didn't accomplish my weight loss goals until in my 30's, which meant I had struggled with losing weight for about 10 years. 

Recently, I started a Facebook group to help keep myself and my friends accountable. If you'd like encouragement, find me on Facebook and I'll add you to the group. If you are starting out in your weight loss journey, I would like to give you two solid small steps toward your goal.

(spoiler alert: I've mentioned these before in previous posts)

1 - Don't drink your calories. Personally, I am guilty of this in the form of beer and alcohol and the occasional smoothie. I try to keep those calories in balance with my workouts.

2 - Walk every day. I am good at this one. I actually go to the gym 5 days a week and I run on Saturdays with the Runhers organization.

If you can make these two small changes to your routine, you will lose some weight. Remember that losing weight is a long time journey and it never ends. (Even at goal, I am still needing to stay focused.) I really wanted to link up with some of my favorite bloggers because they are an inspiration to me.
Weigh In Wednesday
croppedsig

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a frequent drinker so I don't have to worry about #1 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! What's a 'runher'? No I'm lazy and did not follow the link lol! Good going though and so true about not drinking your calories! Here from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I learned a few years ago not to drink my calories - it just seems like a waste of calories :/

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)