Sunday, May 4, 2014

Walk MS in Oklahoma City

I had the opportunity to support my friend, who has been diagnosed with MS by completing the Walk MS in Oklahoma City May 3rd, 2014. There was an online registration, which was easy to fill out and begin fundraising efforts. I registered a few days before the event and didn't have time to fundraise. 

The event was well organized and there were approximately 1000 people that participated. The weather was good and we all had our team shirts on. There were two routes to select: 0.6 or 1.3 miles. We chose to walk 1.3 miles. The walk had refresh stations with fruit, water, and candy. We were at the community center in Mustang and this park has a nice pond with ducks and geese hanging out.

There was a nice breakfast before the walk and a yummy smelling lunch for afterwards. We had plans to BBQ at Aimee's house and didn't stay for lunch. There was also a live band playing after the walk.




Everyone that participated in the walk received a medal.


There was a firetruck and I had to get a photo of myself with it.

Overall, it was a fun and inspiring event to be a part of and I will participate next year. I will start my fundraising efforts now. Please donate here


croppedsig

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)