Monday, May 27, 2013

Make A Difference Monday

The COPA Reefers band had two gigs this weekend. I play keyboards for the band. Depending on the song I'll use steel drums, strings, and a rock organ. I do use the regular piano sound but the steel drums seem to be more popular. In a sense this makes me a percussionist, an assessment that I'm ok with. I did play auxiliary percussion in high school. My history with music is long and varied. Such a blessing! At times, I'm surprised at my muscle memory and memory of chords. The years of rote memorization and practicing has paid off. I never would have expected that.

In other news, we raised $200.00 in tips to donate to COPA Cares, the local parrothead 501 c 3 non profit, which will help club members who were devastated by the tornado. 

Other news, severe weather is predicted for Wednesday. I'm starting to panic now because I don't know if that will be a tornado or not. It could be a tornado. Eek! Please stay tuned for travel Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)