Sunday, November 15, 2015

Chili cook off at Mustang Brewery


I had a great time hanging out with friends, listening to live local music and judging chili. There were two tickets: red for the hottest and green for the best overall. After tasting 16 or so different chili, you vote with the ticket.
There were plenty of beautiful peppers to photograph. 
The Red Earth Brewers had three different chili's in the competition. 
There was a lot of chili and competition. My stomach was full just from all the different kinds that I tried. There were chicken chili's, chili with beans, chili without beans. I steered clear of the hottest of chili's because that is not good for me.
The competition was a fundraiser for Local, a non-profit looking to change the liquor laws in Oklahoma. Maybe that's pie in the sky but it is worth a shot. Grass roots efforts have changed the world before. I didn't stick around for the winner announcement but I did leave with a full belly of chili.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)