Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday

Welcome to weight loss Wednesday. Today I wanted to share my breakfast with you. This week, I spent time on Sunday to prepare steel cut oats. I simmered the oats in milk and then portioned it out for each day. When it came time to eat, I scooped in some pumpkin and sprinkled some cinnamon. It has been completely delicious so far and I'm wondering if it will be good by the end of the week. The oats have a wonderful chew to them, a texture that I'm enjoying. If it works this week, I will do it again because I am working towards reducing my sugar intake. All those easy to make oatmeals have tons of sugar that I don't need.
Its your turn. What tips or tricks have worked for you that you would like to share?
Thanks and stay tuned for Thankful Thursday!
croppedsig

3 comments:

  1. I use the myfitness pal app...it helps me keep track of my calories. I also don't cut out any foods I just eat until I'm satisfied not until I'm full. :) I have lost 18 pounds in 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. Do you have anything with breakfast like fruit or juice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for sticking to your weight loss plan. The oats sound delicious. Well, since I was recently diagnosed with HBP, I just try to stick to a low-sodium, high-potassium diet. After a while you can't even taste the lack of salt. Last week, I started eating this way again and lost 2.5 pounds in 7 days!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)