Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Dear sweet bloggy friends,
I am happy to remind you how important it is to be thankful. It helps to relieve stress and focus your mind on positive thoughts.

Today, I am thankful for laughter and for the next two days I am blessed to hang out with my Alaskan friend which has reminded me of the "Yankee Freedom Paint Job." The photo is from that trip. We were in the Keys for vacation last January. We wanted to do an awesome snorkel trip which led is to go to the dry tortugas. Sadly there had been a storm the night before and there were no fish to see. Apparently that's when bull sharks like to mate. The water was 100 % clouded and I could barely see my hand in front of my face. Now to get to the island, we were on a boat called the Yankee Freedom. The way there was ridiculously choppy and the boat was full of sea sick people. I had never been sea sick before but half way there it hit me like a ton of bricks. I made it to the back of the boat which is supposed to be more stable. Once there, I couldn't take it any more and I nailed two girls with vomit. It wasn't my fault though. It was the sea sickness. Poor girls had vomit on their clothes the rest of the day. Sorry girls! Skub (Alaskan friend) managed to fill two bags with vomit and Blue (hubby) held his own while joking and laughing at us. That is what the "Yankee Freedom Paint Job" is all about, painting others with sea sickness.

I hope you got a little chuckle or smile from that story. If not, I'll come up with something better for Saturday. E N D

2 comments:

  1. Definitely need to remember to take time to be thankful more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good for your health. Several years ago, I went through a very stressful time and I needed to remind myself positive thoughts. Being thankful helped me get through the tough times.

      Delete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)