Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Leibster Blog Award




As I briefly researched this award, I found out its very similar to a chain letter. There are a couple of reasons why I think it's better though. Reason One: This is an excellent tool to meet other bloggers. I prefer this method over the "If You Really Knew Me" posts circulating the blog world. Reason Two: bloggers nominate each other because they want to get to know each other. To me it's akin to a compliment from one blogger to the other.
Without further discussion, here's my post about me, (which sounds weird to me.)



The Liebster award is for blogs that have 200 followers or less and lets us little blogs have a great change to network and get to know each other (oh and hopefully grow into bigger blogs!)



Here are the rules:
  1. Post 11 things about yourself
  2. Answer the questions that have been posted by the people who gave you the award
  3. Create 11 questions you want your nominees to answer
  4. Pass this award on to a maximum of 11 blogs.
  5. Let them know that you've given them the award!

  1. I have two bengal cats and they love to talk (all the time.)
  2. I drink tea almost everyday.
  3. I'm a gym fanatic and that's helped me to lose twenty pounds. (Too bad, ten pounds came back. Dang it!)
  4. I'm a photographer fiend but I'm still working out my instagram kinks.
  5. I love beer and plan to do some home brewing this year.
  6. I've got the travel bug and itch to get outside the USA at least once a year. (Just got back from St. Lucia.)
  7. I'm in a really cool band in Oklahoma City and I've played piano for over 20 years.
  8. Organization is my friend and I love to be organized all the time. (I'm not really organized all the time.)
  9. I'm into a lot of tv like Biggest Loser and Hells Kitchen.
  10. All of my blogging is done over the iPhone and iPad, which is very challenging.
  11. I'm not tall enough and I always wish I had an extra four inches.
Pretty random eleven things about me, but hopefully you find it interesting. And now to Allie's questions:
  1. What is your go to road trip food? McDonalds nuggets with sweet and sour sauce.
  2. How did you come up with your blog name? I consider myself a photographer and wanted to use my first and middle name. Both are unique. My first name means star and I was named for my great-grandmother. My middle name came from a family friend who passed away from cancer before I was born and it means honor.
  3. Which book or series could you read over and over again? I love to read but reading something again is not something I'd consider. Except for the Chronicle of Narnia series. Movies don't do it justice.
  4. What's your ideal vacation; are you one for relaxing on a tropical beach or do you prefer an adventurous vacation? I just got back from St. Lucia, so I'd say beachy but I'm up for whatever too.
  5. What's your favorite dessert? Chocolate.
  6. Would you consider yourself more of an introvert or extrovert? I say introvert but my husband said extrovert. The problem I have is, I can feel shy in a new group and won't introduce myself to anyone.
  7. What item are you most looking forward to adding to your wardrobe this fall? Plaid shirt and boots. I'm not a huge fashion hound.
  8. What's your favorite holiday/celebration and why? What's your favorite traditions for that holiday? Christmas is my favorite and I love Christmas trees. The smell reminds me of my home of Oregon, Christmas tree capital of the world.
  9. Are you an early bird or a night owl? I joked with Allie about this because I'm married to a night owl but I'm an early bird.
  10. What's your favorite restaurant and which dishes in your opinion does someone need to try if they go there? In Gresham Oregon it's Sunny Hans, get the honey teriyaki chicken. That dish never disappoints. Here in Oklahoma City, The Mantel wine bar is our anniversary place and we always order the duck.
  11. What's your favorite tv show? It's never one show. Biggest Loser, Hells Kitchen, Ice Road Truckers, Deadliest Catch, 48 Hours Mystery, CSI Miami, NCIS, and more but I'll stop there.
My nominees for the award are...drum roll please...never mind:

My 11 questions for you are:
  1. Are you a cat or dog person?
  2. How did you come up with your blog name?
  3. What's your favorite movie?
  4. Where do you find your fashion tips and advise?
  5. Where would you go on vacation if you could afford anything?
  6. What is your favorite comfort food?
  7. What genre of music do you usually listen to?
  8. Do you have any favorite tradition (daily, weekly, or holiday)?
  9. What's your favorite color?
  10. Are you an early bird or night owl?
  11. What's your favorite restaurant and which dish do you always order there?



I blog with BE Write

4 comments:

  1. I'm too such an early bird! Most nights I'm in bed when the baby goes down, and hubby stays up until midnight. Not this girl! Also, loving plaid shirts for Fall, and I could LIVE in boots! Thank you for nominating me friend! Would it be a little silly if I told you that seriously was the highlight of my whole week??!! THANK YOU! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got the award, it made my week too! I thought it was the coolest thing! Fun bloggy things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris! Thanks for your sweet comment! I am now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved learning more about you! Also, I am super jealous of your trip to St. Lucia, it looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)