Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Running

Tonight, I decided to run a 5k. It was not planned out very well. Certainly, I arrived on time but I couldn't actually run. I started out at a decent pace but very quickly I noticed pain in my sides. Perhaps it was the dinner I ate an hour before running. Perhaps it was the scorching heat and dehydration slowing me down. It was absolutely the slowest race ever. I have learned some lessons such as stay hydrated and don't eat a full dinner before the race. My next race time will be much better but I can't do anything about the weather.

The scorching humid heat is here to stay for a long time.
P.s. the picture is not from today's race but from an equally hot day walking to the ballpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)