Thursday, November 3, 2011

Disappointment

According to legend, the church down the street from my home had Martin Luther King Jr. apply for the pastoral position. He was declined due to his young age. Another disappointment made another stronger.

I have lost count how many times something has disappointed me greatly. To make the wound sting a little more, others make it sound so easy to deal with. "Like water on a duck's back." The opposite is true. Its a mental challenge and one has to be strong to move past it. I focus my energy and mind on things that don't disappoint like my cats or my family and friends. I also focus my time on positive activities such as writing, reading, biking, and playing the piano.

What was your last disappointment and how did you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)