Thursday, March 19, 2015

Red Earth Brewers - March

The brownies were a success! So chocolatey, rich, and chewy. Ok, so it was a mess to cut and eat but still delicious. I got the recipe from recipeforperfection.com (another blogger that isn't linked. I'm on the phone tonight!)
Please visit the Red Earth Brewers on Facebook. 
I learned four important pieces of information tonight from the meeting. 
1 - the primary fermentation is in a air tight sealed bucket and takes about three weeks. Bonus, I can use those three weekends to build up my pink bottle collection. 
2 - I can name my beer. Even though I'm using an extract kit, it's still my beer and can have my label. My head is spinning with name ideas and I'm so excited to learn that there is a special competition category for extract kits. 

3 - it's really not that hard to learn how to be a beer judge. I need to read up on becoming.org. There is 3 tests but locally it's not required. I might think about that though. Having that certification would look pretty sweet on a business card. 
4 - I met Beth, brewer and red coyote runner. She hosts delicious home made dinners after the pack pint run as a fundraiser for a friend who will run the New York marathon. She even brings craft beer. That's pretty sweet and I'll be joining her next week, weather permitting. 
It rained buckets today when we ran out mile. The go girl half is Sunday and because of the rain, I didn't want to run far. Nobody argued and we all got a good outdoor shower. 



1 comment:

  1. I introduced you to Beth a while back... but we didn't get to chat with her much. She is awesome!! I do yoga with her too. :) Looks like a great night! Wish I could have been there, but teaching yoga was so great!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)