Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Dear friends,
Welcome to thankful Thursday! There's so many things to be thankful for. Today, I'm thankful for music. I have played piano for most of my life and I believe it's a gift from God. When I was younger, I did as little practice as possible. In high school, I focused on memorization. I memorized around 20 chords and I played for the youth group worship band at my church. Since I have played for church a couple of other times. Now, I am playing in a band here in Oklahoma City. It's challenging and fun. I find myself getting upset when I hear the wrong notes. All those years of piano lessons must have sunk into me. We will be playing Friday night at Bill's Island Grill and Saturday at Thunder Alley. If you live in Oklahoma City, come listen to island inspired music. I've always wanted my music to be more portable and I'm praying about voice lessons. I know I can sing but I will sound much better with lessons. That will be a blog post for another day. Please stay tuned for High Five For Friday: Restaurant Review Edition.







5 comments:

  1. I've played piano most of my life. Sadly, I don't have a piano here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so impt. to be thankful everyday, but i love little reminders like this!
    Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

    Mary Nichol Handbag Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had learned to play piano, I love it so much. :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how I wish (almost daily) that I had been forced to play that darn piano!!
    i'd love to invite ya to come over and link up with us for the aloha friday blog hop! it's up now. :)
    www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly I never stuck with any of my instruments but that's great you did! It takes time and dedication. I absolutely loved living in OKC... I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)