Sunday, October 21, 2012

Liebster Blogger Award #2

  As I briefly researched this award, I found out its very similar to a chain letter. There are a couple of reasons why I think it's better though. Reason One: This is an excellent tool to meet other bloggers. I prefer this method over the "If You Really Knew Me" posts circulating the blog world. Reason Two: bloggers nominate each other because they want to get to know each other. To me it's akin to a compliment from one blogger to the other.   
 Without further discussion, here's my post about me, (which sounds weird to me.)

 

The Liebster award is for blogs that have 200 followers or less and lets us little blogs have a great change to network and get to know each other (oh and hopefully grow into bigger blogs!) 



Here are the rules:
  1. Post 11 things about yourself
  2. Answer the questions that have been posted by the people who gave you the award
  3. Create 11 questions you want your nominees to answer
  4. Pass this award on to a maximum of 11 blogs.
  5. Let them know that you've given them the award!

    I have been nominated by two fabulous bloggers! Joanna at Be Creative Mommy and Mercedes at Cozy Pink Cottage Please do me a favor and check these ladies out. They have wonderful blogs!

    11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
    1: I don't like sports really but I am cool with watching basketball. 
    2: I like rainy days, it reminds me of home. :o)
    3: Pumpkin is my newest passion.
    4: I have tons of energy and not always enough places to expend it.
    5: I am allergic to chocolate but still eat it. (I only sneeze so its no big deal to me.)
    6: I huge craft beer fan in a desert called Oklahoma.
    7: Breakfast is the best meal ever and its great at dinner too.
    8: I have two Bengal cats and they love to talk and sleep and eat.
    9: I have been married for over 10 years and I was young when I got married.
    10: I am not old and never will be; ever.
    11: I like to bake sweets but since I'm always trying to lose weight so I don't bake often.
    JOANNA'S QUESTIONS
    1: Where is your ideal place to live?
    Key West, Florida
    2: What is your favorite post you ever wrote?
    As I look back over my work, I have no favorite but my favorite day is Top Pick Tuesday. This is the day, I post one of my favorite photos. I am not a professional but I have some great photos. Please let me know if you'd like one sent to you, signed by me the artist. :o)
    3: Would you rather watch TV or read a book?
    I need more time in the day so I can do both. I love both!
    4; What is your favorite holiday?
    I love Christmas!
    5: What is your favorite lesson you learned from your parents?
    That's a toughy because nothing along those lines stands out for me. I would say that I am very similar to my dad and I have so much energy and smarts from him. I love it! My personality is a lot like my mom and we have a great time when we get together. Loud and rambunctious!
    6: Do you like art?
    I consider myself an artist and do enjoy art. Photography, music, painting, baking, and writing are some of my faves.
    7: Are you open to other cultures?
    Yes and I love to travel. We have been to Australia, Egypt, Greece, Bahamas, Jamaica, St. Lucia and can't wait to get out again.
    8: Do you talk about yourself?
    Generally no, but I am job hunting and have to "sell" myself. Its tough!
    9: What is your favorite food?
    Hard to say since I love so many foods. I'll say pizza right now.
    10: Do you like your job?
    Definitely do not like my job but there are some aspects that I enjoy such as problem solving and knowing the answers. I like being an expert.
    11: Are you happy?
    Generally, yes.
    MERCEDES' QUESTIONS
    1: Name one thing on your bucket list?
    Visit all the countries in the Caribbean.
    2: What is one article of clothing you could not live without?
    Most times that would be a scarf. I love scarves, even in the summer!
    3: Who is your favorite woman of all time?
    My mom is my favorite. I love her so much! My sister would be second because she's also awesome!
    4: What is the worst TV show you have ever seen?
    Married with Children is the worst but I'm sure hubby thinks everything I find is garbage. I love tv!
    5: If you could go back in time and witness a historical even in person what event would you want to see?
    I would want to see Mozart in concert. I love classical music!
    6: If you could meet anyone in the world who would you meet? (living)
    Bono from U2. I'd like to ask him about his faith.
    7: If you could change one thing about your country what would it be?
    The system for voting in presidents. We need to dump the electoral college and go to a popular vote, just like America's Got Talent and American Idol.
    8: What's the furthest you have ever been from home?
    Australia
    9: What was the last song you listened to?
    Margaritaville. I'm trying to learn how to sing harmony for the band I'm in.
    10: If you could buy anything regardless of cost, what would you buy?
    I'd buy a sweet house in downtown Key West, Florida.
    11: What's the last thing you ate?
    Pickle
    MY QUESTIONS
    1: Name one thing on your bucket list?
    2: Where is your ideal place to live?
    3: What is your favorite food?
    4: What's the furthest you have ever been from home?
    5: If you could buy anything regardless of cost, what would you buy?
    6: Are you a dog person or a cat person?
    7: Where was your favorite vacation?
    8: How did you come up with your blog name?
    9: Are you a night owl or early bird?
    10: What is your favorite season?
    11: What is your favorite pick-me-up drink in the morning?
    MY NOMINEES
    TOKEN PHOTO
                                                                                                                                Secretly, I can't wait until I have over 200 followers because this award takes too much effort.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Esther! Thanks for nominating me for the liebster award! I am now following via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline! Thanks for following! I've enjoyed your blog & wanted to get to know you more. :)

      Delete
  2. I like rainy days too! Something about them makes me feel so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Rainy days are the best. Today was 80 & sunny, which I have enjoyed. I'm you're newest follower! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Hi Esther! Thank you for answering my questions.I love this blog. I visit it as often as I can. Regards Joanna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanna!
      I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! Thanks for nominating me!

      Delete
  4. Hey Esther, been quite busy this week! planning to post for liebster on thursday next week is that ok? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)