Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Persistence

Have you ever heard the phrase: "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"? Its a telling image of persistence. A long time ago, as a wise teenager, I decided that I should be working in radio broadcasting. I got my start selling advertising for a small radio station. From there I negotiated with a local food chain, Burgerville, to sponsor my radio show. After that I convinced another radio station I was ready to be a board operator. I accomplished my goal of working in radio by the ripe age of 18. Its interesting that my career has taken a decidedly different turn into business but the business of radio doesn't pay off student loans. Being persistent pays off in business too and I don't plan on giving up. Perhaps I'll change course but I am not a quitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments, questions, and positive feedback. Constructive criticism is questionable. Joking, a little. :)